Pages

Thursday 3 September 2009

Late night at the office

Posted by Matt

So I’m at work in the evening which is a rarity at least over summer as the building where we work (University House) has been closing at 6.30pm every week night and has been closed at weekends.

But for one night only –until Yours Bar is open till 11pm and in turn so is the building on the 14th of September- I can work at work rather than home.

There’s a function going on in Yours Bar tonight so the five sabbs our here working away. We got objectives for the year to write, emails to send and blogs to create. The trick of working after 5pm is that the phone isn’t ringing all the time. You can listen to Chemical Brothers whilst concentrating on a project without having to press the pause button.

So I should try and tell you what I’ve been doing. I’ve been on holiday for a week of sunshine and beer, an NUS conference, too many meetings and the fun one – planning events for Welcome Week 09. We’ll have a barbeque, a market, an activities fair, a treasure hunt, several club nights and plenty more going on – more info on that at salfordstudents.com

I’ve also been in interviews for an Anglican Chaplain, been discussing plans for the year with the Senior Management of the University, helping students find Accommodation, campaign planning and working out how I can contribute to hopefully a very successful year for students at Salford!

I also found something pretty cool today. A series of trophies that students have won from as long ago as 1975. Incidentally we also won four trophies last year. So what the other sabbs and I have decided is that we’re going to put a trophy cabinet in Yours Bar with all the trophies on show. Hopefully next summer they’ll be a few more to add!

But I shall keep the blog short for now. All I’ll say is I cannot wait for loads of other students to return/start uni – hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment