Pages

Monday 3 August 2009

Joe’s turn

I thought that since both Matt and Ricky had blogged that it is time I should give it ago. So here is my attempt. Since Matt has covered most of what we do and can do I shall just do a quick introduction about myself.

My name is Joe Kirwin, I’m the Vice President for Arts, Media and Social Sciences and I’m only 5”6 which makes me extra cute.




What I want to do.

This is the important bit, what I want to do in my term in office. At risk of over simplifying my objective I want politicise the Students. I want students to be actively involved in how their Union is ran, I want them to campaign on what they believe in and to vote in both General and Union elections. This may all seem a bit wishy washy, well that’s because it is. It is my job to deliver these end goals and ensure above all else that students enjoy themselves.

Top Priorities include building strong links with the local community, campaigning for a more environmentally friendly and fair trade University and Union, build relationships with relevant trade unions to provide our students greater opportunities outside the University.

If you ever see me around feel free to question me on anything I’ve said. I shall be keeping you updated right here on what we’ve done to make your life a little bit more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment