Pages

Sunday 2 August 2009

Hello from Ricky

Posted by Ricky:

So I am currently sat on a train on the way down to Bristol and I though what better opportunity will there be to write my first blog post.

The new team came into office on the 1st of July, and we are;

Matt Webber – President
Joe Kirwin – VP for Arts, Media and Social Sciences.
Emily Godfry – VP for Computer, Science and Engineering
Jim Dale – VP for Business, Law and the BUILT Environment

And there is me, Ricky Chotai – VP for Health and Social Care.

This year is the first year, of the Students’ Union new structure where the vice presidents move from portfolio base roles into faculty based roles.

So why the change I hear you ask?

The new roles now ensure the primary aim is to represent students and this is done by the new vice presidents being the lead representative within each of the faculties.
It is quite an exciting time really, as we are one of the first students unions to go through this process and I feel very lucky that I am going to be part of it.

Ricky Chotai who is he then?

I am 21 years old and currently I live in a rented house with two of my friends in Salford. I studied Business and Management and graduated 2 weeks ago. :)
Originally I am from Morecambe which is situated on the North West Coast and it is about 20 minutes north of Preston.

Anyway that is enough about me you’re probably what I have been doing over the last 4 weeks.

During the first week we spend some time team bonding, but also finding how we would work as a team over the next year. During that process we produced a working agreement in which we detailed on what you can expect from us as a team.

Over the last few weeks my main task has been to introduce myself to staff that play an important part in your time here at Salford. This includes Admission tutors to Associate Heads of Teaching (who are responsible for teaching within the schools).
The other big thing that me and the team have been working on has been planning for Welcome Weeks, we have some fantastic things planned and keep checking back to www.salfordstudents.com/welcome as details of all the events will be added shortly. I think that this year will see the best welcome weeks that Salford has ever seen! :D


On that note I think its time to finish this blog post, however if you are still about in Salford over summer and you need some help or you have a great idea for something we should be doing over the welcome weeks then feel free to pop in. We are located in University House and all of the officers share an office on the 1st floor.
Keep checking back to this blog as all of the officers will post on here, and you can also follow me on twitter. @SalfordVPHSC

Ricky

No comments:

Post a Comment